Thursday, November 4, 2010

Victory is Mine - Brief, but MINE! Mwahahahahaha

Day: Four
Time: 9:43 p.m.
Expected Word Count:  7,334
Current Word Count: 7,399

Yep, that's right!  I'm 60 words AHEAD after tonight's marathon run.  I must admit, the story's really developing well, and my main character Beata had some interesting flashbacks today based around her mother and books she used to read. 

I added some foreboding foreshadowing at the Food Supply Facility, where she was handed a note by a silent truck-loader that she hasn't read yet. While there, Beata also received a pitying look from a clerk with no explanation, and a bag of goods provided through the sacrifice of a kind stranger when Beata was mysteriously denied the extra ingredients she'd requested to bake Imogen a cake to celebrate her six year evaluation.

They've made it to the evaluation facility, barely, on time with just fumes in the gas tank, and a very excited and nervous Imogen has accompanied a scientist through the ominous door to the evaluations offices.

This was a tough goal to meet today.  About 3,000 words written today.  Whew!  I was having trouble focusing earlier, and switched out my music a few times to no avail.  Turns out, I just needed to let my Ipod go to "shuffle" mode so that I wasn't anticipating any particular song or artist, and I was finally able to tune out the tunes and tune back into my Writing Zone.

Well, S'bucks is getting ready to close up for the night.  Time to go!  I'll see all you Nanowrimo-ing fanatics tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment