Monday, November 15, 2010

Halfway There, Can't Quit Now...

Day: 15
Time: 9:45 p.m.
Expected Word Count:  27,300
Current Word Count: 24,386

Yep, I skipped a day on Sunday.  Does that make me a bad person?  No.  This is the fun of NaNoWriMo...struggling a little to reach that goal.  Am I ready to give up?  To be honest, I had a moment yesterday where I consciously thought to myself, "I need to put this away for now or I'm going to start hating it."  Sure enough, I did, and I was able to tackle it with renewed vigor today.  If it were easy, everybody could do it.  We are The Chosen!  We will NOT give up!  We will strive through to that very last day, challenging ourselves to do a little more every day.  To push past our sticking points and take risks, make thrilling decisions that will force your characters into unfamiliar territory for us, as their authors.

So, a 3K day for word count is great and I'm celebrating that.

Chapter Eleven is shaping up to be the exciting chapter.  We've had the reoccurrence of a previously "wanted by the law" character and two new people as travelling companions for the Lorios as they try to sneak out of Phoenix in a refrigerated truck with dairy products in it.

Yes, they are travelling with cheese.   I've decided that one of the three travelling companions will turn out to be a traitor, forcing the Lorios to act to save their escape from the traitor.

ALL WORDS ARE GOOD WORDS!!! KEEP WRITING!!

~Mrs. W.

No comments:

Post a Comment