Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Slowly Gaining Ground...

Day: Nine
Time: 9:30 p.m.
Expected Word Count: 16,500
Current Word Count: 15,441

I'm slowly making up for my lazy Saturday.  Okay, I get the point.  I need to NOT take another lazy Saturday away from the keyboard completely until...say...December.

Today, I added a section clarifying what the Olun Megari look like physically and specifying their known skills and weaknesses in the prologue.  I feel like being able to go back and add that section in, freed me up to not have to explain that background info in the story itself.  What a relief!

So, today's chapter(s) had Beata going in for her bi-weekly "treatment" appointment with her Megari Authority counselor, Veddito.  She is forced to fill out a questionnaire, and decides to test her theory about lying to the Megari in a silent but powerful breakthrough bit of rebellion for her.

The next chapter is shaping up to be where contact is made between the Lorio family and the underground rebel remnants of free humans.  Mrs. Connelly, the prim and proper principal,  will play a pivotal part in popping open a powerful conspiracy. (WHAT FIGURE OF SPEECH DID I JUST USE IN THAT SENTENCE?)

Mia, the 9 year old telepath, is going to be pulled into the conspiracy by virtue of a very low-tech, centuries-old method of secret communication involving milk.  Yep.  I said milk.

Anyway, I'm off like a pair of stinky gym shoes. (WHAT FIGURE OF SPEECH DID I JUST USE THERE?)

~Mrs. W.

No comments:

Post a Comment