Saturday, November 27, 2010

Flying Fingers and Tiny Wings

Day: 27
Time: 10:47 p.m.
Expected Word Count:  45,000
Current Word Count:  40,294

So, I had a good word count day.  WOOT!  I needed one. : )  I've three days to pound this out, and I think I'm even going to make it without cheating by adding song lyrics and poetry recitations by the characters. I must remember to wear my glasses, though, since I'm getting some wicked eye fatigue from staring at the words and screen for too long.  Glasses, must remember glasses.

I'll be honest, I was feeling a little low about the storyline before I started writing today, but then I suddenly got caught up in the intrigue available to my characters, and surprised myself.

There was a surprise attack on the city by Megari forces (at least it was a surprise to Beata - apparently these happen frequently enough that the rest of the encampment's residents take them pretty much in stride.)  But it wasn't the Megari who were the biggest danger at the end of Chapter Nineteen that I just finished - it was their human neighbors.

Apparently, in the stress, chaos, and panic that the bombs caused, little Dominic Lorio showed his first Megari power - or, rather, it showed itself.  The chapter ended with Dominic having sprouted a perfect pair of little wings.  This is not going down well with the other residents of the Encampment, all of whom are 100% human (allegedly).

Here's to fingers that fly with the pen or the keyboard and little boys with wings!

~Mrs. W.

No comments:

Post a Comment