Friday, November 5, 2010

Getting up the gumption to write...

Day: Five
Time: 8:10 p.m.
Expected Word Count: 9,167
Current Word Count: 7,634

I'll admit it.  I didn't even get a chance to open up my NaNoWriMo project today until now.  I spent some time helping out in other classes, working with students on their NaNo projects, and grading assessments today.  Geez O'Pete!  This whole "work" thing really does interfere with my writing time! 

I must say, I'm pretty inspired by all the young writers in my classes and NaNoWriMo Club today.  Some of them have really sophisticated storylines, dialogue that just jumps off the page, and scintillatingly descriptive scenes that make me want to read more. 

NaNoWriMo Quote of the Day:  "You're not a scientist!  Clearly PANCAKES are better!!!"

What is also so wonderful is watching and listening as my fellow authors are so supportive and creative when others bring their work to the table.  They give such great ideas to each other, and affirm each others' talent, encourage each other so well, that I'm sometimes so touched that I can't speak.  (I KNOW! That NEVER happens!)

Well, I'm writing a pretty tough scene right now.  It's the scene where the Megari Authority has to tell Beata and her brood of hybrid children that their darling Imogen won't be coming back from behind those doors marked, "Evaluations".  I'm struggling with what should happen in that scene and even thinking about the depth of pain this would really cause someone makes it kind of tough to write.  But, as a famous writer once said, "No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader."

I'm done procrastinating for the moment.  Time to get back to boosting my word count!

~Mrs. W.

2 comments:

  1. The quote was from Kyle's book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right you are! We'll have to make sure to mention to him that he made QoTD (Quote of the Day)!!!

    ReplyDelete