Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day Two: Sometimes You're the Windshield and Sometimes You're the Fly

Day: Two
Time: 1:49 p.m.
Expected Word Count:  3,667
Current Word Count:  667

I'll admit it.  I'm the fly today.  Parent-Teacher Conferences went very well, and I was grateful for the opportunity to speak to so many parents and brag about my amazing students.  But, a good word count is not in the works yesterday or today. 

I'm currently stationed at Starbucks (yay!  Free Wi-Fi!), and need to head home soon to make dinner plans with Mr. Wisniewski.  I've managed to squirrel away two hours of writing time doing "research" for my prologue about Mayan prophecies for the year 2012, correcting and re-posting the quarter two gradebooks (Yikes!), eating lunch, and creating this blog.  Sooooooo....yeah.  Not getting any closer to my word count goal, am I?

I'm watching the clock frown at my sluggish word count. Stupid prologue. Feels like writing non-fiction. *pout* My word count would surely soar if I skipped straight to writing Chapter One, right? *sigh* Back to slogging. Only one more section to go!

I can do this!  Here's the plan.  Write like a madwoman for 30 minutes.  Go home.  Clear head.  Have dinner with Mr. Wisniewski.

Come BACK to Starbucks after 6:00 p.m. and have a marathon writing session to hit my goal.  Catch up with me later to see if I do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment