Thursday, November 25, 2010

The End of the Road?

Day: 25
Time: 10:52
Current Word Count: 34,201

So, the Lorios have arrived in Champaign where they've met a new suspected good guy, Thane, and his sidekick, Bodie as they pulled up to the security checkpoint outside the encamped city.  He may very well become a romantic interest for Beata, he's certainly charming enough - and Irish to boot.  Of course you know what they say about those charming Irish fellas...they've got the gift of Blarney.  Time will have to tell, won't it.  They haven't run into the loader or any other "bad guys" this chapter, but they were warned by Kate not to tell the people they encounter anything about the kids.  She's made it clear that they needed to more actively cover up their special skills and talents.  I've also alluded to the fact that Dominic, the three year old, is very close to sprouting a pair of wings on his back, which will make hiding their ancestry impossible once it happens.

I feel like I should be fretting about my word count right now, but I find I'm not bothered much by being behind.  This, in many ways, has been a more difficult story to right from the very beginning.  The characters haven't spoken to me as clearly as the characters from MoJo Fingers (last year's book).  I'm thinking that I'll be glad when this project is over so that I can get back to the other projects screaming at me to write them right now.  It's gotten so bad that I've actually had to stop taking a shower long enough to clarify a point of knowledge that a character in an unrelated project needed to make a piece of dialogue work. 

Well, it's late, and I'm travelling tomorrow - so I'll be back to the grind in the afternoon as I'm watching my best friend put up her Christmas tree!

Don't forget that the page is it at YOUR mercy, not the other way around!

~Mrs. W.

No comments:

Post a Comment