Wednesday, November 3, 2010

So Many Successful Writers Today!

Day:  Three
Time:  2:45 p.m.
Expected Word Count:  5500
Current Word Count: 4512

I was thrilled to see that so many of my students (many of whom you don't expect) are really pounding out the word counts over the last few days, loving the challenge.

Me?  I'm hacking away today too, during Nanowrimo Writing Time in class today.  Have I hit my daily goal yet?  Mmmm...not so much.  I'm getting closer.  But I have great hope for tomorrow and the next day and the next. 

I've introduced the two young girl characters and an unexpected tertiary character showed up today, Mrs. Connelly, the girls' school principal.  I think I've got some interesting plans for this seemingly prim and proper educator.  What if she ended up to be a rebel contact that helps smuggle Beata and the kids out of Phoenix?

They're currently on the way to little Imogen's "Evaluation Appointment" where something tragic is going to befall the little family.  The alien Megari are so focused on every creature being useful and productive that they have no use for people they judge to be "surplus". 

Fun Quotes and Questions from Students during Nanowrimo Writing Time Today:

11/03

How long is the flight from Denver to Poland?

Is blackberry one word, or two?

Well, after Drama Club is over, I'm headed to the theater tonight with the husband.  Meanwhile, I'll be plotting in my head.  Too bad I don't type well in a car...

No comments:

Post a Comment