Wednesday, November 24, 2010

You're Not in Heaven, You're in Champaign, Illinois

Day: 24
Time: 9:45 pm
Expected Word Count:  40,000
Current Word Count: 32,497

Well, the Lorios dealt with a roadside bandit, although it was their guide, Kate, who did the actual dirty work.  The Lorios have been able to escape so far without any blood on their hands.  Kate, however, is something of a dangerous commodity.  Now that they are in Champaign, Illinois, they'll be staying in the winter encampment of nomadic human survivors.  They've formed a loose "government" there.  I'm planning for them to see both the light and the dark side of the people who've gathered there to survive.

I'm looking forward to working hard tomorrow, since I'm lucky enough to not have to do any of the cooking.  I'll be spending the morning at home, working on the novel and doing some easy tasks around the house.  After dinner with the family, it's back to the grindstone!  I've got a lot of word count to make up, and I'm confident that I'll get a good chunk of it out of the way tomorrow.

By the way, there's a great pep talk from Lemony Snicket on the NaNoWriMo Website under the "Fun Things" tab.  Give it a read.  Sounds just like his "Series of Unfortunate Events Novels", plus there is some terrifically descriptive phrasing in there, guaranteed to make your mouth water.

Happy Thanksgiving my Authors!!

~Mrs. W.

No comments:

Post a Comment